Date(s) - 02/18/2014
10:30 am - 11:30 am
Patrons continue to ask their libraries for training and help with a variety of needs including Technology, The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), Computer Classes and Veterans Benefits. This is forcing libraries to make tough decisions on what training to offer and where to find the experts if they are not on staff.
This interactive and informative webinar program will cover the basics of developing patron-training programs, understanding adult learning needs, and dealing with difficult situations.
As a result of this program, participants will learn how to:
- Meet adult learning needs
- Manage their classroom, even with disruptive behavior
- Determine what elements are needed in training materials
- Discover the different types of training and the pros and cons of each (class vs. individualized training vs. online training)
- Develop evaluations and decide when to follow up with patrons
- Determine topics for classes
- Find experts in an area that is not your expertise
Can’t attend the live event? Register over here for access to the recording, made available within 7 days of the live webinar.
Cari Dubiel ~ Biography
Cari Dubiel is the Computer Services Manager for Twinsburg Public Library. She has a long history of developing programs for public libraries, such as the interactive “Twinsburg History Mystery,” a popular murder mystery event. She is the co-host of the ABC Book Reviews Podcast (http://www.abcbookreview.com/) , which was recognized by the Wall Street Journal as a Best Book Podcast.
Crystal Williams ~ Biography
Crystal Williams is the Continuing Education Coordinator for Twinsburg Public Library. She has been instrumental in developing innovative programs both in-person and online, including language classes, train-the-trainer sessions, and technology training for patrons.
Registration is closed for this event.