A recent social media marketing study found that 82% of viewers prefer live video to social media posts, and 80% prefer live video to reading a blog. If you want to get your audience’s attention online, live streaming social video is a great way to stay ahead of the competition.
Live video can be used throughout every stage of a fundraising campaign – to tease the campaign and increase anticipation, to launch the campaign with a bang, to thank donors throughout, and to keep the momentum after the campaign has officially ended.
In this webinar, digital fundraising expert Julia Campbell will guide through a process to prepare, create, and launch live streaming social videos that will help you raise more money during your online fundraising campaigns.
– What is live streaming social video and why is it so powerful?
– Specific ways to use Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and Periscope throughout a fundraising campaign to fundraise during a campaign – preparation, launch, and conclusion
– How to use live streaming social video to strengthen relationships with donors and supporters
– Several free and low-cost digital tools to create and edit your live stream broadcasts
– Real-world examples from small nonprofits and libraries who are getting it right.
– Bonus materials: The Essential Facebook Live Checklist for Nonprofits
Original broadcast June 19, 2019
Biography ~ Julia Campbel
Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success using digital storytelling strategies. After 10 years in the nonprofit sector as a small shop development and marketing director, she founded J Campbell Social Marketing, a boutique digital marketing agency based north of Boston.
Julia received her Bachelor’s in Journalism & Communications from Boston University and earned a Master in Public Administration from Old Dominion University as well as a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from Tidewater Community College.
A Boston native, a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, a mother of two, and a lover of activism and social causes, Julia helps nonprofits build movements and connect with supporters by effectively harnessing the power and potential of online marketing and social media tools.
Julia’s clients include small community-based nonprofits and large universities. She also offers small group coaching sessions, workshops & seminars and online trainings. The author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, Julia’s blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is #3 on the Top 40 Nonprofit Marketing Blogs and Websites for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers and is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.
Julia has been featured on Maximize Social Business, About.com, MarketWatch, Alltop, Salon, Social Media Today, Forbes and Business 2 Community.