As our primary contact points with many users continue to move to the digital world, how do we deliver quality service in an online environment? During this session, we will look at customer service online.
We will explore:
- Customer Service tips for online reference
- Utilizing chatbots and other online help
- Developing and managing mailing lists
- Best practices for websites
- Developing a connection with users via social media
This interactive workshop will help you engage virtual users and bring your online services to the next level.
Diana Silveira is a librarian and President of Novare Library Services, where she works with libraries to develop, implement, and utilize technology effectively. Previously, she was employed by the Tampa Bay (FL) Library Consortium and the Charlotte Mecklenburg (NC) Library. She has an MLIS from UNC-Greensboro and a BS in psychology from Catawba College. Her book, Library Technology Planning for Today and Tomorrow, published by Rowman and Littlefield in 2018, is now available.