Date(s) - 03/21/2015
Category(ies) No Categories
In this entirely self-paced training program, you’ll learn everything you need to know in order to staff Ask a Librarian, Florida’s virtual reference service. This on-demand program is for librarians with no previous Ask a Librarian training. Because it is self-paced, you can progress through the training at a pace that suits you, and you can revisit any of the training modules in order to focus on specific topics during your training. In addition, instructions for live chat practice options are provided to all program participants.
* Once registered, you will receive instructions on how to begin your training within 48 business hours.*
- Understand how to use the Ask a Librarian software and navigate through available resources.
- Understand how to provide virtual reference assistance to patrons through chat, email, and text messaging.
- Understand how to identify customer service standards in a virtual reference setting.
- Understand the collaborative nature of the service and the role Ask a Librarian plays in local libraries across Florida.
Registration is closed for this event.