Date(s) - 09/11/2014
Category(ies) No Categories
Most Friends groups want more volunteers to run events, raise community support, and raise money for their libraries. But success means more than a more prestigious board, a bigger book sale, or a prettier book bag. Recruit a Friends team that is effective at planning, creating compelling goals, making cool stuff happen, and leveraging the reach and reputation of the library.
Learn how to turn library users into active volunteers and partner with other nonprofits to reach out to the greater community. Refresh traditional events – yes, that yearly book sale – and target new audiences with technology, arts, and educational programming all year long.
Participants will learn how to improve Friends’ effectiveness via:
- Reinventing Your Friends Groups Goals and Strategies
- Rethinking Money Goals: How Much Does It Take to Raise A Dollar?
- Establishing a Broader Base of Support With Community Alliances
- Recruiting and Keep More Active Volunteers, Including Teens
- Creating New Strategies To Support Your Library’s Success