Date(s) - 09/11/2014
The eBook format gives everybody the opportunity to become their own publisher.
This class focuses on:
- The growing trends in publishing and the movement toward self-publishing and libraries as publishing agents
- Understanding formats and DRM issues
- The basics of formatting options including: fonts, file formats, pictures and covers
- Frequent issues and the fixes
- Introduce publishing options including Kindle Direct, Nook Press, Smashwords and Self-Distribution Options.
About the Instructor:
Diana Silveira is the President of Novare Library Services, a company that focuses on web, mobile and infrastructure services for libraries. Previous to starting Novare Library Services, she was the Virtual Reference Manager for Florida’s Ask a Librarian Service and coordinator for Florida’s Statewide Delivery System. She presents regularly on implementing technology, best practices and privacy issues online. She also works with libraries to deploy new technologies and develop new mobile and desktop websites. She was the 2011 the Florida Library Association’s Library Leader of the Year. When she is not playing with gadgets and gizmos, she enjoys diving, kayaking and playing with her son.