Date(s) - 08/11/2016
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Want to maintain healthy and productive relationships with your teen patrons? While teen behavior can be difficult, there are practical skills and techniques you can use to engage your teen patrons in a positive and constructive manner. In this webinar, participants will learn to communicate effectively with a variety of young adults from diverse backgrounds while remaining unbiased and non-judgmental about their interests, needs, and lifestyle.
Participants will also learn specific ways to:
- Recognize opportunities for informal instruction during a reference or circulation interaction
- Address a teen directly and in a relatable way, without the interference of a parent or guardian
- Encourage young adults to engage in individual and collaborative projects at the library
- Recognize opportunities for teen involvement in the library’s operations and in the wider community
- Discipline teens according to the library’s behavioral policies and guidelines while not looking like “the bad guy”
Can’t attend the live event? Register over here for access to the recording, made available within 7 days of the live webinar.
Eden Grey ~ Biography
Eden Grey is a User Services Librarian at the Jessamine County Public Library in Nicholasville, Kentucky. Eden has experience as a Reference Librarian and Young Adult Programming Librarian, and serves on the Kentucky Public Library Association Conference Planning Committee. She loves libraries, travel, her new home in Lexington, Kentucky, and her dachshund, Ruby.
Registration is closed for this event.