Date(s) - 06/05/2013
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
E-books have gone from a niche service to a high demand format in an incredibly short time. And their pace of growth is likely to increase. Furthermore, new examples of digital reading material are appearing every day as are new devices and software to read them on. But is e-publishing a growing trend or a passing fad? Regardless and more importantly, how do we help our readers use the e-reading devices they have now and help them to choose what they should get next? In this webinar:
• Explore the alphabet soup of acronyms.
• Highlight a variety of e-readers and tablets currently on the market.
• Showcase some innovative digital publishers and library vendors.
• Cover the pros and cons of Digital Rights Management (DRM).
• Try to predict where the e-publishing industry will go.
About the Instructor:
Chad Mairn is a librarian, teacher, author and ‘technophile’ who frequently shares his enthusiasm for ‘all-things technology’ as a speaker at library and technology conferences. He is an Information Services Librarian and adjunct professor at St. Petersburg College in Florida and is also the Chief Technology Officer at Novare Library Services, a company he co-founded, and whose goal is “to create custom underlying tools to help libraries interact with users, stay true to their goals and to thrive in the 21st century.
Registration is closed for this event.