Date(s) - 08/02/2016
10:30 am - 11:30 am
Category(ies) No Categories
Who are sports fans, what would they like from their library, and what can libraries do for them? Your circulation stats will likely tell you that it’s more than providing sports books. The psychology of the sports fan is somewhat unique and can give us glimpses into the ways libraries can appeal to them, grab their attention, and ultimately serve them.
- Understand the basics of what makes a sports fan tick
- Be able to put on a program targeting sports fans
- Know how to create a visual sports display that appeals to sports fans
- Learn how to engage with local schools and their sports teams
- See how libraries and sports are a perfect fit for one another
Can’t attend the live event? Register over here for access to the recording, made available within 7 days of the live webinar.
Nathan Hohl ~ Biography
Nathan is a Senior Services Outreach Librarian at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library in Topeka, KS, who works to bring lifelong support services to the Topeka and Shawnee County area through outreach and programming. He is also a sports enthusiast, works closely with the library’s sports collection, and provides programming to engage the community’s sports fans.
Registration is closed for this event.