Date(s) - 09/23/2013
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
This September 23 webinar will be directed towards Federal Depository Libraries and the role they can play to promote awareness of available resources for the Affordable Care Act.
As libraries look ahead to the October 1 open enrollment date for the health insurance marketplace, there is an abundance of information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and many opportunities for libraries. IMLS is working with the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare and with WebJunction and ZeroDivide to provide library staff with the online resources and community contacts they will need to respond to questions about the Marketplace. One of the key roles that Federal Depository Libraries can play is to maintain an awareness of available resources in your area, and develop an approach for connecting patrons to those resources in the way that makes the most sense for your community.
Federal Depository Libraries are a key resource in connecting the public with documents and resources that are produced by the federal government (find a Federal Depository Library near you). Please join us for this interactive session, where we will discuss strategies for libraries to identify ACA resources, hear from a Federal Depository member library that is working to prepare for patron requests, and obtain key policy and resource updates from ACA experts.
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Susie Butler, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Kendra Morgan, WebJunction
- Robbie Sittel, Tulsa City/County Public Library
*Closed Captioning will be provided for this event.
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4health
Please note: This session is geared towards Federal Depository Libraries and the ACA (click to learn more about depository libraries). If you are a public library, archived webinars that highlight options and information for public library engagement are available on WebJunction.
Archive viewing options:
- WebJunction’s eHealth section
- HealthCare.gov (also in Spanish)
- What is the Marketplace in my state?
- CMS.gov information on In-Person Assistance in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Health Insurance Marketplace: marketplace.cms.gov
- CMS.gov Training Materials for Partners
- National Marketplace Help Center: 1-800-318-2596
- Information about Champions for Coverage
- Get official resources on Marketplace: http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/get-official-resources.html
- List of Navigator Grant Recipients
- Identify possible partners: http://www.cms.gov/cciio/programs-and-initiatives/health-insurance-marketplaces/assistance.html
- Print handouts: http://marketplace.cms.gov/
- Using these videos to help staff understand what the application looks like, to help customers wth tech support while they use our public computers. 12 ½ minutes of training videos http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/multimedia/multimedia.html
- What is the Health Insurance Marketplace? (1:44)
- Marketplace Application Process (6:11)
- Marketplace Enrollment Process (4:26)
- Veterans and the ACA info http://www.va.gov/health/aca
Reminder to sign up for project updates at WebJunction.org via “Get Involved” at eHealth section:http://webjunction.org/explore-topics/ehealth/get-involved.html
For more information, please visit the project FAQ page.
(Updated 9/23/13 MH)