Date(s) - 05/26/2015
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Category(ies) No Categories
Florida is hard hit on a regular basis by storms and other disasters, and libraries across the state are called upon to respond by serving their communities in a variety of ways. They have helped prepare for and endure disasters and have worked to reassemble their communities after these events.
Florida Libraries as Disaster Response Centers takes a look at how libraries serve their communities in times of distress by:
• Helping to prepare prior to disasters.
• Providing emergency information during and after the event.
• Providing shelter and physical aid.
• Caring for community members.
• Working with relief organizations.
• Cleaning up damage.
• Providing continuity of services, stress reduction and a feeling of normalcy throughout the event.