Date(s) - 11/18/2015
Register here for access to the recording of this webinar, available within 7 days of the live class on 11/19/2015. We will email you when the recording is posted here. Prefer the live event? Register here.
With the recent removal of the Clip Art library from the Microsoft Office suite, users need to be able to locate and find appropriate images and videos for their projects. This interactive and informative webinar will explain Creative Commons licensing and help librarians find legally free work to use in their documents.
Learning objectives include:
- Critically evaluating different tiers of Creative Common Licensing and how to apply them
- Discovering free, legal websites to procure images and videos
- Employing search engines more effectively to find legally free images
- Recognizing the different image file types, how to download and save these files from the Internet
- Applying a few quick editing techniques to improve an image, using software you already own
This fast-paced webinar is designed for librarians with previous experience using the Microsoft Word or Publisher. You will create your own flyer by the end of the session, using images from one of the listed resources.
Instructor Bio ~ Crystal Feyerchak
Crystal is the Continuing Education Librarian at the Twinsburg Public Library. She develops, teaches, and manages the technology-training program at the library. In addition, she also coordinates the continuing education classes (in-person and virtual). She is currently the assistant manager in the Digital and Learning Services Department.
Registration is closed for this event.