Date(s) - 08/01/2017
10:30 am - 11:30 am
According to geekthelibrary.org.,“to geek” is:
• To love, to enjoy, to celebrate, to have an intense passion for.
• To express interest in.
• To possess a large amount of knowledge in.
Geek and fandom culture is a growing part of our media landscape—and an amazing opportunity to engage your library patrons of all ages.
This fast-paced webinar will share tips, tricks, resources and ideas to make your library “geekier” and fun.
Participants will learn about:
• Ideas for inexpensive geeky programs
• Fandom and geek trends
• Creating geek STEAM programs
• Large-scale geek programs
• Ideas for passive geek programs
• Anime clubs
• Ideas for geek programs for millennials and up
• How geek programs can engage your patrons
• Promoting your collection through geek programs
• Resources for finding geek program ideas
Register here for the live webinar or to have early access to the recording when it becomes available – all in this place! No need to register in a separate place for recording access.
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead ~ Biography
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead is an information professional, instructor, writer, event planner and digital and STEM advocate. She has led and collaborated across sectors in government, academia, nonprofit and business. She is an accomplished speaker and trainer, appearing at dozens of conferences local and nationally and at TEDx. Carrie is the CEO of Digital Respons-Ability bringing innovative digital citizenship to parents, students and educators and the Co-creator of Wizarding Dayz, an event company based in Salt Lake City.
Carrie is passionate about providing access and opportunities for all and was the 2013 Utah Librarian of the Year, NACo innovation award winner and a Red Cross “Community Hero” for her projects with diverse populations.
Registration is closed for this event.