Date(s) - 11/12/2013
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This webinar explores stress-reduction skills and strategies to help face challenging situations that impact our personal work styles, our organizations, and the communities we serve.
Working in a library can feel like a constant juggling act. We navigate competing demands and challenging situations on a daily basis in order to meet our mission and transform our communities. In this interactive session, discover how to handle these challenges proactively. Learn positive, practical tips, stress-reduction skills, and ideas for changing your personal work style. Learn strategies to help you face challenging situations that affect your whole organization and society-wide issues that impact the communities we serve. Feel better and be more effective at your work.
- Cheryl Heywood, Timberland Regional Library, WA
- Georgia Lomax, Pierce County Library System, WA
- Anna Shelton, OCLC Program Consultant
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 Pacific
- On WebJunction, Personal Growth and Development, including numerous See Also resources.
- Leadership By Example: The Ten Key Principles of All Great Leaders by Dr. Sanjiv Chopra with David Fisher
- The Winner’s Brain: 8 Strategies Great Minds Use to Achieve Success by Jeff Brown and Mark Fenske
- Crucial conversations by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Al Switzler and Ron McMillan (second edition)
- Full Steam Ahead! Unleash the Power of Vision in Your Work and Your Life. By Kenneth H. Blanchard and Jesse Stoner. (2nd edition, 2011).
- Timberland Regional Library Standards of Performance (pdf)
- Timberland Regional Library Budget Adjustments background 2009-2010 (doc)
(Updated 11/4/13 MH)