Date(s) - 03/18/2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit card sized computer that connects to a monitor or TV and is a valuable machine that powers a diverse set of innovative projects. Raspberry Pi technology has also been an integral piece of technology in many computer science courses and workshops. In this webinar, you will:
· Learn what a Raspberry Pi is and recognize its various hardware components,
· Explore various Raspberry Pi development environments and operating systems,
· Understand how the Python programming language is preloaded on Raspbian,
· Gain insight and details from numerous Raspberry Pi projects, and
· Appreciate how to integrate a Raspberry Pi to enhance basic computer science workshops
Register here for the live webinar or to have early access to the recording when it becomes available – all in this place! No need to register in a separate place for recording access.
Biography ~ Chad Mairn
Chad Mairn is an Information Services Librarian, Assistant Professor, and manages the Innovation Lab at St. Petersburg College. While an undergraduate studying Humanities at the University of South Florida (USF), Chad was awarded a Library of Congress Fellowship archiving Leonard Bernstein’s personal papers. During his Library and Information Science (LIS) graduate work, also at USF, Chad became a technology liaison between the Bill Gates Learning Foundation and Florida public libraries. In 2016, Chad received a League of Innovation Excellence Award in Teaching and Learning for Innovation in the Use of Technology.
Registration is closed for this event.