Date(s) - 05/07/2015
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Could you use some fun and inexpensive props to add excitement to your early literacy storytimes? Do you work with parents, grandparents or caregivers of preschoolers who might be need help fostering letter recognition, vocabulary, and reading/writing/conversation skills with their youngsters?
Join a Children’s Librarian and presenter of workshops on early childhood literacy as she shares her collection of “Literacy Doodads.” Discover how you can use these powerful learning tools in storytimes, presentations, or just one-on-one with a child. Many of the “doodads” demonstrated can be created as family DIY projects, and are adaptable to work with non-readers of any age.
Can’t attend the live event? Register over here for access to the recording, made available within 7 days of the live webinar.
Instructor Bio ~ Kathy Barco
A former children’s librarian, Kathy recently retired from the position of Literacy Coordinator at ABC (Albuquerque/Bernalillo County) Library. Previously, Kathy was Youth Services Coordinator at the New Mexico State Library from 2001-2006.
Kathy’s accomplishments include:
- Graduate of the School of Library and Information Science at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS
- Recipient of the 2006 Leadership Award from the New Mexico Library Association
- Author of READiscover New Mexico – A Tri-Lingual Adventure in Literacy – Sunstone Press, Santa Fe
- Co-author (with Valerie Nye) of True Stories of Censorship Battles in
- America’s Libraries – ALA Editions; Breakfast New Mexico Style and Breakfast Santa Fe Style – Sunstone Press, Santa Fe
Registration is closed for this event.