Date(s) - 02/22/2022
10:30 am - 11:30 am
This presentation is for you if:
• You like your boss, and your boss likes you.
• You are concerned because your manager has taken to eating kittens for breakfast during the pandemic.
• Your manager is GUILTY of selling out their staff, the profession, or Santa Claus.
All of that may be true. I don’t know your boss. Let’s talk about managing up. Your capacity to influence your manager is directly tied to key capacities that you have sole control over. In this hour, we’ll talk about cultivating your capacity to manage:
• Being easy to say “No” to.
• When it’s all about you: tell the truth.
• Accepting clarity as kindness.
• What does your boss want? Give it to them.
Presenter: Sonya Schryer Norris serves in Library Development for the Library of Michigan where she has spent 16 years delivering What’s Next to library staff. She also provides consulting and instructional design services as Plum Librarian LLC. Her articles have appeared in Computers in Libraries, Library Journal, The Other Journal: An Intersection of Theology and Culture, and for Gale/Cengage. She has been accused of not caring enough about commas.