Date(s) - 03/12/2013
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
The live event on March 12, 2013 is full. Click here to register for access to the recording, available March 13, 2013. We will send login information to access the recording on March 13, 2013.
Libraries are looking to expand the role of the user in developing collections.
In this two hour, live online class, trends in patron initiated acquisitions will be reviewed, including an overview of how public and academic libraries are making patron driven decisions, how data is used to inform the process, and an in depth discussion of both the positives and negatives of patron initiated collection development. The impact on all library services will be discussed and model programs reviewed.
- Know what types of data are used for decision making in a patron initiated acquisitions program
- Understand the assessment of patron initiated collection development
- Cite the positive and negative impacts of patron driven acquisitions on collections
- Apply the ideas of model patron driven acquisitions programs to your own program
- Understand how patron initiated acquisitions effects different areas of the library
Registration is closed for this event.