Date(s) - 03/20/2013
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Liaison programs help libraries understand user needs through communication and collaboration. This is a process that begins with collaborative collection development, however, a successful liaison program ultimately enhances all library services—the acquisitions process is streamlined, user education programs gain momentum, library services are better and more easily marketed, and assessment is more thorough and programmatic. Liaison programs facilitate success by offering a “go to person” as a friendly point of contact for services.
This class, taught in two two-hour sessions over the course of two days, will take students step-by-step toward building a successful library liaison program.
At the end of this class, students will be able to:
Understand the purpose of liaison programs in libraries
- Create a plan for a liaison program that will provide a more personalized level of service
- Apply collaborative strategies for collection development
- Create subject specific resources targeted to library users in a liaison subject area
- Understand the long term impact of a liaison program on library services
- Increase the visibility of library staff in the user community
Please Note: When you sign up for this 2 part series, you will be registered for both dates 3/20/13 & 3/21/13@ 10:00-12:00 AM ET.
Registration is closed for this event.