Date(s) - 03/26/2015
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Library leaders must be excellent communicators, and new managers are no exception. While most conversations will not be challenging, every manager will experience tough conversations when trying to adjust others’ actions to meet a desired end goal.
In this one-hour interactive and informative webinar, Jennifer Parsick, a manager with the Osceola Library System, will guide you through the five most common tough conversations new managers will have including:
- Dealing with challenging patrons – “I deserve special treatment! You’re wrong! Your library is lame!”
- Redirecting an employee’s intensity – “This is the rule, I’m going to follow it no matter what!”
- Correcting employee skills – “I already know this, bored now.”
- Helping employees adjust an emotional or personality trait to better get along with their peers – “Did you hear about so-and-so? Well, I heard…”
- Coordinating with other professionals in your building – “What do you mean you need me to do something?”
Can’t attend the live event? Register over here for access to the recording, made available within 7 days of the live webinar.
Instructor Bio ~ Jennifer Parsick
Jennifer has been a manager with the Osceola Library System for more than two years. She has taught all levels of patrons, from retired senior citizens through Stetson University’s Lifelong Learning Program, to a masters’ track library science class at Florida State University. She has been published in the CSLP Summer Reading manual two years in a row, and presented at the 2014 Florida Library Association Annual Conference.
Registration is closed for this event.