Date(s) - 09/11/2013
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Are you a solo web developer with an interest in learning basic web scripting? A newbie thrown into your library web programming role because nobody else raised their hand? Somebody with a little more experience, but always looking to improve your knowledge of web services? This class is for you. We’ll work through the basics of web services and APIs, simple to use embed code, and highlight resources to continue learning. Our emphasis will be on mashups and web services as a means to practice these skills. Come learn how to incorporate the “web of data” into your library applications and services.
Topics covered include:
- Why web services for libraries?
- What do we gain in the move to “mashup”?
- Define the major terms of web services
- Resources for learning: wizard and tools (Yahoo Pipes, Google Code Playground)
- Code samples for downloading and practicing
About the Instructor:
Registration is closed for this event.