Date(s) - 04/24/2013
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
In this 2 hour class, we will dig deeper into the process of weeding. This session will focus on electronic resources, reference materials, and subject specific collections. Students will review how to use circulation stats, Collection Analysis tools and usage patterns to assist with weeding decisions. We’ll discuss how to review and evaluate complicated issues with digital copies, how to determine retention strategies for selecting the best available copy of a text for your library
- Discuss how libraries weed Reference, Special Collections and Electronic Resources
- Make effective weeding decisions for print and electronic materials
- Understand what categories of materials should be retained in special collections
- Apply decision making criteria for many material types, including reference, special collections, and electronic materials
- List tools to assist with weeding decisions
- Take a look at tools to assist in the weeding decision
Can’t attend the live event? Register over here for access to the recording, made available within 7 days of the live webinar.
Registration is closed for this event.