- Create filters in Excel and use them to count and sum subsets of a spreadsheet
- Filter a column in a spreadsheet by text, number, or color
- Create a pivot table
- Use formulas to do basic arithmetic in Excel
- Import data from one spreadsheet into another
- Use conditional formatting to find duplicates or outlier values, and to create simple data visualizations
- Split cells that contain multiple values, e.g., multiple ISBNs
Presenter: Karen Kohn is Collections Analysis Librarian at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA and the author of Collection Evaluation in Academic Libraries: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Rowman & Littlefield, 2015). She has published articles in College & Research Libraries, Journal of Academic Librarianship, Journal of Documentation, and Collection Management and presented at the Charleston Library Conference and the Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge. She is the instructor of the online course Introduction to Collection Analysis, offered through Library Juice Academy. She has an MLS from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and an MA in Sociology from Temple University.