GivingTuesday 2020 reports are in – total giving increased from $1.97 billion to $2.47 billion in the United States alone, representing a 25% increase compared to GivingTuesday 2019. Read more here.
This year Giving Tuesday is November 30 and it’s never too early to start planning for a successful campaign! The hard truth is that simply sending out one email and telling your donors that you are participating in this international day of giving is not enough.
Julia Campbell, digital marketing strategist for social good organizations, has helped dozens of small and mid-size nonprofits launch successful Giving Tuesday campaigns, and she will teach you exactly what to do to reach your goals this Giving Tuesday for your library.
Join this session to learn:
– How to create your own Giving Tuesday Campaign Calendar
– How to recruit your Giving Tuesday Committee
– How to motivate your supporters to participate in your Giving Tuesday campaign
– How to create a simple online Social Media Toolkit to promote the campaign
– How to incorporate storytelling throughout your Giving Tuesday materials
– How to promote your Giving Tuesday campaign on your website, in email, and on social media channels, with nonprofit examples,
including how to use Facebook Live
– Review of a comprehensive Giving Tuesday Day-Of Checklist so nothing falls through the cracks
Original broadcast September 22, 2021
Presenter: Julia Campbell
Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success using digital storytelling strategies. After 10 years in the nonprofit sector as a small shop development and marketing director, she founded J Campbell Social Marketing, a boutique digital marketing agency based north of Boston. Julia received her Bachelor’s in Journalism & Communications from Boston University and earned a Master in Public Administration from Old Dominion University as well as a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from Tidewater Community College. A Boston native, a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, a mother of two, and a lover of activism and social causes, Julia helps nonprofits build movements and connect with supporters by effectively harnessing the power and potential of online marketing and social media tools. Julia’s clients include small community-based nonprofits and large universities. She also offers small group coaching sessions, workshops & seminars and online trainings. The author of Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits, Julia’s blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is #3 on the Top 40 Nonprofit Marketing Blogs and Websites for Nonprofit Marketers and Fundraisers and is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world.