Offering successful adult and outreach programs can be hard to do. With many libraries reporting struggles with adult program attendance, it is even less comforting to know “what worked before” might not be working now or next month.
With some many “adult” age groups to serve, how does a library engage adults and pull them into the library for programs and activities that go beyond the circ desk check-out?
In this interactive and informative webinar program, participants will learn:
- Methods to determine the interest of your adult patrons
- Identify potential partners for programming
- Create engaging programs that are not one-dimensional
- Understanding the changing needs of aging library users
- Best practices presented in real life scenarios that make sense
Original broadcast October 20, 2015
Instructor Bio ~ Kathy Pape
Kathy has worked for twelve years in Ohio libraries and is currently the Executive Director of the Conneaut Public Library in Conneaut, Ohio. Kathy also works as a producer, writer, actor, and director for one of Ohio’s cable access channels that provides programming to households in Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Kathy is also a member of the board of Trustees of the Northwest Ohio Regional Library System.