How we act when we encounter guests, patrons and even co-workers in our libraries can now be observed for everyone to see in a moment’s notice. And with our technology at our fingers, how we email, post, tweet, dine, dress and even drive can also be captured and put on our social media channels for everyone to see.
Are you confident or are you concerned about how your employees are representing themselves and your library to:
- Patrons and guests in the library
- Guests, vendors or the general public at meetings, or events
- Attendees at conferences, trade shows, or networking receptions
In this interactive and informative webinar, you’ll learn how to protect both the personal brand of your employees and your Library brand.
Participants will learn:
- How the traits of Confidence, Class, Character & Conduct (the 4 C’s) can make your staff more valuable for your library today
- How to create the 5 keys to a great first impressions for your library staff
- How to brand yourself in a positive way online as well as understanding the challenges that social media has for all of us today
- How to use the soft skills that each of your staff has to create an even better customer experience for your patrons
Originally broadcast January 14, 2016
Bob Pacanovsky ~ Biography
Bob Pacanovsky has been helping elevate brands for over 20 years! And now he is taking this experience and helping organizations and individuals “outclass their competition.” He is a professional speaker, entrepreneur and expert in making people make great first impressions and turning clients into loyal fans!
Bob rebranded his latest company, The Vation Group, in January, 2015, after selling his catering and event company that he founded in 2000. During that time, he helped create over 7,000 events. His experience in the Hospitality and Event industries has helped him launch his speaking and consulting company, The Vation Group.